During the press brefing at the 2022 National Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition (NBAA-BACE), Honda Aircraft Company revealed more details about the HondaJet Elite II” , a new upgraded aircraft that features a host of key advancements in performance and comfort. The company also announced the introduction of automation technologies.
With an expanded range of 1,547 nm, the Elite II now extends HondaJet’s reach to more destinations while maintaining, according to the manufacturer, its position as the most fuel-efficient aircraft in its class. The addition of ground spoilers completes the performance upgrades, optimizing takeoff and landing field performance.
“The HondaJet Elite II once again pushes the boundaries of its category on all fronts of performance, comfort, and style,” said Hideto Yamasaki, President & CEO of Honda Aircraft Company. “We are also excited to take our aircraft forward on the journey of automation by bringing new technologies to the market next year.”
With the announcement Honda Aircraft Company also plans to introduce Autothrottle and Emergency Autoland by the end of 2023. This direction encapsulates the continuous effort to improve the HondaJet through automation, augmentation, and situational awareness technologies, to enhance operational safety and reduce pilot workload while aligning with global Honda’s commitment to advances in safety technology.
The HondaJet Elite II features a fully redesigned cabin and the introduction of two new interior design options – Onyx and Steel, featuring new surface materials and colors. The cabin redesign led to a modern luxury of flight experience with a holistic approach to comfort that includes a nose to tail acoustic treatment, creating a tranquil space for both passengers and pilots.
Outside, the Elite II introduces a bold new Black Edition paint scheme that further differentiates the ramp appeal of the aircraft.
Key new features of the HondaJet Elite II performance:
- Range: 1,547 nautical miles*1
- Increased Fuel Capacity: additional space to carry more fuel
- Increased Gross Weight: maximum takeoff weight of 11,100 pounds
- New Ground Spoiler: optimize takeoff and landing field performance with increased weight
Building on the highly customized HondaJet avionics suite based on the Garmin G3000, the Elite II introduces several new advanced features enabling more automation and augmentation, which enhances operational safety and reduces pilot workload for more efficient operations, while bringing new technologies to HondaJet customers.
- Stabilized Approach – assists the pilot with aural and visual alerts to maintain a stable aircraft state on approach.
- Autothrottle*2 – reduces pilot workload through the automation of power management based on desired flight characteristics through all phases of flight, allowing for more precise and efficient performance from the aircraft (available first half of 2023).
- Emergency Autoland*2 – Garmin Autoland activates in an emergency situation to autonomously control and land the aircraft without human intervention (available second half of 2023).
New Styling Options
- New “Black Edition”
- New Black Sable signature exterior paint schemes
- New Corporate Scheme Design
New Interior Options and Other Upgraded Features
- New Interior colors
- Onyx: a rich and warm neutral greige cabin theme with mid-tone wood accents
- Steel: a modern light cool grey theme with high contrast marble accents
- New aisle flooring with a hardwood herringbone and plank patterns*2
- Acoustic Enhancement: nose to tail acoustic treatment for a tranquil cabin experience
- Sheepskin covers for pilot seats*2
- Additional 3-inches of legroom configuration available for crew seat with extended seat track*2
- LED lighting with soft indigo nighttime setting
- Ground illumination on the main entry door
- Integrated exterior lights
*1: NBAA IFR, 4 occupants *2: optional