Flexjet, has announced its plan to hire 350 pilots to fly the additional 50 jets the company will be entering into service by the end of 2022 to meet record demand.
“We want Flexjet to be a career destination for pilots not only for the long-term earning potential but schedule, quality of life and modern equipment,” said Flexjet Chief Operating Officer Megan Wolf. “No other company can match the innovation of our Domestic Red Label and International Large Cabin programs, which uniquely empower pilots to select the program that is right for them. We think of the pilot as an individual, not a number.”
Flexjet employs over 800 pilots who fly its fleet of nearly 200 aircraft including the Embraer Phenom 300, Legacy 450 and Praetor 500, the Bombardier Challenger 350 and the Gulfstream G450 and G650 . And, in the coming months, the company will be entering into service 50 additional aircraft, increasing the number of aircraft in every fleet type by the end of 2022.
Some of the most experienced and highly skilled pilots in the world choose to work for Flexjet. Here are a few of the reasons:
- Most modern fleet in the sky, including aircraft from Embraer, Bombardier and Gulfstream.
- Among the highest pay in the industry, with a starting total compensation of $128,000 for first-year pilots.
- Additional productivity-based bonus opportunities.
- Home-based crewing from a choice of 100 domiciles (10 times more than most commercial airline carriers) and the option to move their domicile as often as they choose.
- Schedule flexibility: Pilots can choose a schedule that best meets their needs. Through our preferential bidding system or team scheduling, the options are designed to allow pilots to submit specific requests to meet their needs and the needs of the operation.
- All crew members are trained to Pilot in Command (PIC) FAR Part 135 standards. Each pilot is type-rated in their assigned aircraft through company training programs embedded at Flexjet’s training partner facilities.
- Currently, upgrade opportunities for Flexjet pilots are occurring at a little over one year.
- Every detail of a crew member’s trip is handled by Flexjet’s Operations and Control Center including flight plans, customs clearances, meals and weather support.
“At Flexjet, our culture is built around three principles including putting employees first because they are the foundation of a service company,” said OneSky Chief Administrative Officer Robert Sullivan. “When we are looking for candidates that best fit into our company, we look for characteristics that align with the two other principles: Making decisions with a long-term approach to relationships and having a fanatical attention to detail.”